Sunday, January 28, 2007

Feliz cumpliaños a mi (Ken)


We celebrated my birthday tonight--mostly because tomorrow, we have to study for our Spanish final exam.
.
Thank you everyone who gave Helen a card to bring (and to Lee who actually mailed his and it actually got here). I opened them after dinner at the restaurant we go to near our apartment.
.
We went to the negocio de musica esta tarde and bought the guitar have been looking at for my 50th birthday present.
On our way back home, we stumbled upon a videe/TV/movie shoot. It was a big production at the corner of Guido y Juncal. I have no idea what they were filming but there were happy people dancing in front of a car.
.
The little park at the corner was all done up in Yellow and orange and green. There were several sets: a cafe. a shop, and the dancing in the street scene. We hung around for a while and watched them work.
The weather has been great. Low humidi¡ty, 60´s at night, 80´s during the day (non USA people, you´ll have to do your own conversions, I am a little tired right now).

5 comments:

Bill Maisel said...

Hey, I'm just trying to wish you a Happy 50th Birthday and this site needs to see my passport or something... I'll be right back

Bill Maisel said...

O.K. I'm back. I knew today was your birthday, but then it dawned on me... this is your FIFTIETH BIRTHDAY. I see you were able to celebrate last night. Sorry about not having posted a card your direction ahead of time.

Do you have an e-mail address down there too? How do I send an attachment with these things?

Dr. K said...

Bill,

All the old USA email addresses work here. How do things look for a visit?

Ken

Chas said...

HBTY
HBTY
HBDK...
HBTY!

Caroline G said...

And I hope it was a truly Mooo-ey Bueno Birthday for ya! (I hope the cow pic reminded you of the charming agricultural community of Frederick, you urban sophisticate, you!)

Kenny Kerr, I swear to god I think I keep seeing you here. If you weren't providing the photographic evidence to the contrary I would swear this trip was a hoax. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. I miss you guys.