Friday, June 01, 2007

Leah (Ken)

It was Field Day at our granddaughter, Leah's, elementary school yesterday. Our daughter, Kristin, Leah's mom, was starting a new job, so Leah stayed the previous night with us. I took her to school that morning.




Helen and I went back to the school and sat with Leah during lunch. I stayed and volunteered to help run the Field Day for the kids.


It was really hot here yesterday--today as well--with temperatures well into the 90s and high humidity. The kids were all well behaved and had a good time. The litle girl next to Leah, in the second picture is Alexandra. Surprisingly, her parents are from Argentina.



One thing I liked about Argentine schools was the "uniform." I thought it was brilliant that all the kids wore lab jakets. They could wear whatever they wanted under them--but they had to wear the lab jacket.

(We are always having discussion here in the USA about school uniforms. As far as I am concerned, Argentina has that one already figured out.)





In another three weeks, Leah goes to spend the summer in Oregon with her father, and we won't see her again until the end of August. So we are spending as much time with her as we can. She'll spend this weekend with us.

She is almost seven now and growing up very fast. But, at least for now, she is very sweet and likes spending time with us. So, we'll take advantage of these days.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I am happy that you made it home safely and that you had a dear friend to pick you up.

I can't imagine how Leah got so big. Seems she was just born! She reminds me of another little strawberry blonde girl I used to know... Heck, it's hard for me to believe *she* is all grown up!

It was good to see the pics of your home and of the girls and Jack. It makes me miss you guys all the more.

I am sure you are happy to be home and missing BA as well. Keep tight hold of your memories! I am looking forward to seeing all your photos, etc when I make it "back east" next time.

Kiss the girls and give Jack some love for me. Besos y Abrazos!

Chas said...

Awww... what a little dumplin'!

emilyeffinconrad said...

holy crap she is so big...