After over three months, I am ready to make a list of things I like about this place:
1. I am tall here.
2. Eating in restaurants and cafés.
3. Public Transportation
4. The "Live and let live" attitude.
5. The ketchup, mustard and mayonaise that come in bags instead of bottles and jars.
6. I don't have to drive anywhere, ever.
7. The bread.
8. Really good street musicians.
9. The weekend artisan fairs.
10. I can afford to drink nice wine.
11. The weather.
13. The people are really nice looking here.
14. Universal health care.
15. Personal responsibility.
16. Parrillas and asados
17. Exploring the city on foot and on my bike.
. . .and 17 things I miss about home:
1. My dog.
2. Variety in (and good tasting )beer.
3. Speaking English.
6. Playing music with other musicians.
7. The ease of buying things.
8. CNN and NPR
9. Reading the Sunday paper and watching the Sunday political talk shows.
10. Feeding the birds in my backyard.
11. Seeing the stars at night.
12. Working on projects in my yard.
13. Window screens.
14. Spicy food.
15. Following local politics.
16. Making good coffee at home in the morning.
17. Going to work, being with my students and my colleagues.